Painting On A Pretty Penny 2.0: Time To Shop!


In my previous post I listed two ways in which to save dough while shopping for art supplies: 1. Use couponing apps and 2. Knowing where to shop. I will now explain how and where to shop smart when it comes to craft supplies. To aid me in my shopping struggles I have concocted a shopping list.
I began my research by heading over to the local Ollie’s Bargain Outlet. Trust me, I’m a sucker for Ollie’s. You can get literally everything there, and to top it all off: cheap art supplies! You’ll think you’ve hit the mother load!

16"x20" canvas: $3.59

Artist Brushes: $2.99


Drawing Pad: $1.99 
(to sketch out your painting idea)

 I found all of my needed supplies at Ollie’s except for the paint. Luckily Wal-Mart has a pretty good art supply selection for relatively cheap. Daler Rowney is an excellent bargain priced brand! The 12 pack of acrylics at Wal-Mart rang up at only $6.38.

Now that you've learned where to shop and what to buy for cheap, get to shopping! Next time we will use these supplies listed above to create a beautiful work of art for less that $20 in a step-by-step DIY! HAPPY CRAFTING!



Written 
by 
Kaitlin Elmore

No comments

Post a Comment

© PAINT. DRINK. LAUGH!
Maira Gall